“Find exercises and foods that you genuinely enjoy.”
A few months ago, writer and editor Tatiana Boncompagni and I teamed up to create our new book, The Model Trainer Method. We wanted to offer readers clearly outlined programs they could perform even at home with minimal equipment. We also designed a healthy, filling diet plan with easy and delicious recipes.
Your body is a reflection of your lifestyle and, in order to experience a permanent change aesthetically, you must adopt a new way of living. The only way to successfully do this long-term is to find exercises and foods that you genuinely enjoy. This is what Tatiana and I came together to create: An enjoyable program.
With self-love and love for others in mind, I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes from the book: Steak with Stir-Fry and Cauliflower Rice. A wonderful way to celebrate with your Valentine this year is to cook a romantic, healthy dinner together. Not only will it be a delicious treat to share, but it’s also a great opportunity to spend quality time and bond.
So, love birds, here goes:
Steak Stir-Fry with Cauliflower Rice (Makes 1 serving)
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 piece (1/4″) of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1/4 lb top sirloin or flank steak cut into strips
- 1/2 scallion finely chopped
- In a large skillet, lightly coated with cooking spray, sauté garlic and ginger 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add peppers, mushrooms and liquid aminos.
- Cook, stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes, adding 2 to 3 tbsp water or chicken broth if mixture becomes too dry.
- Add steak and cook until meat is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more. Garnish with scallions.
- Wash and stem 1 head cauliflower.
- Using a food processor, blender or the coarsest side of a box grater, process cauliflower until it resembles large grains of rice.
- In a large skillet, lightly coated with cooking spray, add cauliflower over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until crisp-tender, 5 to 8 minutes, or to your preference.
- Or: Heat oven to 475. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, spread cauliflower rice evenly and bake 10 minutes.
- Stir and continue cooking until cauliflower is golden brown and done to your liking.